Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Not very clever at this title thing!!

I admit it, I'm not a very good blogger. I like to read other peoples' blogs more than I like to write in my own blog.
Ok, time to play catch-up. Holidays went, not exceedingly well, but I got through. Glad we don't have to think about it again for a while! Still trying to get pregnant, like the little engine that could: I think I can, I think I can! On a Femara cycle now.
I've been trying my hand at quilting. I made a baby quilt for my niece, well, it turned out to be a pretty big baby quilt 54X54. I think it turned out pretty well. I'll put up some pics soon. I went to the baby shower this past Saturday. The week prior was filled with lots of worry, tears, indecision, and finally I woke up Saturday morning and just sort of went. I felt numb almost. Mommy-to-be opened gifts, I stared out the window and OOOO'd and AHHHH'd in the right places, we played the mandatory party games, ate cake, then everyone went home. I had so much more fun after everyone had gone home. I played with my niece, Kinzie, she's 2, and we had a blast. Then babe-in-belly was moving so mom, Dina, asked if I wanted to feel. I've felt babies move inside before but always just a quick wriggle or punch. This was so different. Dina had her shirt up and I could see the little creature wiggling all over the place. She told me where to put my hands to feel the best and it was just an awesome feeling. I know, I know, most of you have felt babies move, it happens everyday, but it was just the coolest thing I've ever felt. I thought for sure that this would put me over the top emotionally, but no, it was fine. Just total excitement to be feeling baby Natalee swimming under my hands like that. I would gently press and she would quickly swat me away. Just too cool.
Mark is good, a bit worried about his job, but who isn't these days? Overall, doing good, still alive. I plan to write at least once a week from now on.

No comments: