Thursday, August 21, 2008

New Beginnings in teeth and TTC

My dear husband, M, has had terrible teeth since long before we got together. When he was a child he had braces and they hurt him quite badly. He became terrified of anything hurting his teeth or mouth and so he refused to brush. That coupled with unwillingness to see a dentist and his parents lack of discipline equaled rotten teeth. His solution was when 1 tooth got to hurting so bad he couldn't take it he'd go have it pulled. This caused days of pain after each visit and days of anxiety leading up to each visit. So we discussed dentures and he decided to have all his teeth pulled, 1 quadrant at a time. His top were done last year and he was fitted with dentures and I'm pleased to say his bottom is all done now too! The stitches are out, gums healing nicely, and his breath is incredibly better! I don't mean this to sound petty, but his breath was so bad, and his teeth so painful, that we hadn't really had a good kiss since, I guess our wedding day. 2 nights ago I had my first kiss from my husband in over 4 years. I'd forgotten how wonderful kissing is. I'm very proud of him for overcoming his fears and getting his dental work taken care of. He goes for dentures in Sept.
I'm on cycle day 6 so today and tomorrow and I'll be done with the Femara this round. The side effects are hitting a bit harder this time but still nothing like Clomid. I've had like 3 mild hot flashes, a light headache since day 4, and tears flow a bit easier than normal. I got book Unsung Lullabies yesterday and I've started reading it. I'll let you know what I think of it when I'm done. I love to read, chic lit mostly. I'm a member of paperbackswap.com and I just love it. It's really saved me a lot of money over the past year or so too. For any avid readers out there you should give it a try, it's free, you post books you have to give away, then when someone requests one of your books you mail it--at your cost, usually $2.25--then you get a credit which you can use to request a book from another member, and they mail it at THEIR cost. And they were doing a deal that if you signed up and posted 10 books to trade you got 1 free credit.

1 comment:

Janna said...

Many kuddos to M!! That's a HUGE thing to overcome!!! Aren't kisses the BEST!!!! Glad you're done with Femara this round. Hoping it's you LAST!!! ;-)